Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day One




So there we were, six forty-five in the morning with everything packed and ready to go. We spent Monday packing in the six new cartloads we had brought from home- all the last minute necessities (we were all supposedly completely packed). Everything was set for our 7 o'clock departure, and then I realized I had forgotten to bring my toothbrush. Yes, I had planned on buying a new one for the boat, but that had yet to happen. After a quick store run (and I mean quick, the captain had threatened leaving me behind), we were back on track and casted off by the Stouffers.


The sail down to Half Moon Bay was incredible. Kathryn called the wildlife in our direction with her flute skills; we saw dolphins, seal lions, a million birds, and even heard the call about a dead body floating under the bridge. Well, they were "pretty sure" it was a dead body. After ample animal watching, we took turns cat napping, reading, relaxing and transitioning to our life at sea. We moored early enough in the afternoon to allow for a beautiful beach run/walk and caught an early dinner at a local watering hole. With another early morning tomorrow, we're all ready to call it a night (of course, after pops gets us all to watch Captain Ron).


All in all, the whole crew is excited about the rest of our adveture. With such an amazing day behind us, we can only hope to have many more like it.


End day one:

crew count: 3

overboards: 0

attempted overboards: 0


And to all those who bet I wouldn't make Half Moon Bay... pay up.

2 comments:

Cam said...

I'm so jealous. Just one day in and it sounds amazing. Keep me updated so I can vicariously live through all of you. I'll be checking. This is a great way to break up my day.

Kathryn and Jay it was great seeing you in Pinecrest. Kensey...poor timing.

- Cam

Suebee said...

We are so excited to have you join us in Monterey and off to the South we all will sail.

Be safe.

Scott and Sue Rader
"Suebee"