Saturday, October 4, 2008

Waiting out the storm...

We arrived yesterday in Oxnard to wait out the foul weather before continuing to Catalina and beyond. Despite its awful name (seriously, probably the worst name for a town EVER), Oxnard is a rather charming beach town. We spent the day hiding from the rain. I thought boats were small before, but now I have a whole new understaning. Luckily we traded off taking walks when there was a break in the rain, doing laundry, and visiting neighbors. Our plans to take the half hour dingy ride to the grocery store was also postponed, but it gave us something to look forward to tomorrow...

I finally gave in and went for a long run on the beach. By the time I got back Kat and Jay had gone out to the local watering hole. I was hoping for a younger crowd, so you can imagine how disapointed I was when I walked into the club where my parents were the babies. Ugh. Well, lucky for us the bartender had extra long pours.

More soon. We miss you all.

1 comment:

The Other Watt's said...

We love reading your blogs. We are glad nobody has been thrown overboard. We are not counting Kat's experience with the kayak.

Sounds like you are having a blast. Must almost be time to head off to the Baja Haha.....Cabo Wabo?? Let the party begin, or should I say continue.

We miss you. Be safe and happy sailing.

Love you,
The Other Watt's